- Special Events
- Employment Opportunities
“The rooster knew what he had to do. He turned around and when back home again. He enjoyed a good meal of gain and sat on his very own perch. After awhile he went to sleep and had a wonderful happy dream—all about a trip around the world”. Eric Carle
Thank you to all the families who sent photos for our Oh the Places You Will Go ceiling display. We were one of the decoration incentive winners. Have you seen our NEW family interactive bulletin board located in the main hallway. This month we are asking for your favorite memories of going to a camp or your memories of summers past.
Brooklyn Carelot celebrated author/illustrators all month long. Reading is Fun was our theme. We highlighted Dr. Seuss, Eric Carle, Stan and Jan Berenstein, Tomie DePaola. During the month, all classrooms read stories and created art pieces, including an Eric Carle art inspired caterpillar, now proudly displayed in the hallway. The children enjoyed a pancake snack inspired by Tomie DePaola’s book, Pancakes for Breakfast. There will be lots of bear related activities featured next week when we are reading Berenstein Bears books.
We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with a fun event. The center was visited by a mischievous leprechaun named Lucky. There was lots of excitement generated around how to catch a leprechaun. The preschooler and the school age children set up a trap the catch that leprechaun. Don’t forget to ask the children if they caught him and the special marshmallow treats
At the end of the month we will celebrate the arrival of Spring. Our infant teachers have already hung up butterflies that our infants painted, using a rolling jar painting technique.
At Brooklyn Carelot:
• Our Little Ceasars PTO Pizza Fundraiser orders are due by 3/ 25th.
• Slumber club at our Killingly Center is on March 23rd from 5 – 9 pm. Remember…. we do all the work and you have all the fun!
• Our Summer Camp (ages 5 -12) enrollment begins this month. Sign up early for summer camp and receive $100 off enrollment fees.
• Learn more about Summer Camp with our FEAR FACTOR night on Friday, March 29th from 6 – 8 PM. Bring friends to see what camp life at Carelot would be like. Camp is always better with friends.
• Watch for information about our PTO’s letter to help out with Provider Appreciation Day.
Ms. Annie Aalto-Harvey